Friday, October 15, 2010

Hell's Kitchen

In the next week a new Series will begin here at SUB entitled "Hell's Kitchen."  If you are a follower of the "Tellie" you would know of the television show that center's around Chef Ramsay.  "Hell's Kitchen" is a reality show for some of the great chef's of our country that are put head-to-head in competition, the winner taking over as Ramsay's chef at one of his restaurants. 

This series does not really center on Chef Ramsay, but more on the power of the church in our day and age.  An interesting thought came to me one day concerning this topic.  I asked myself a question, "Why do we let the devil play in our kitchen, when we should be cooking in his?"  The devil, scripturally, is still the "prince of the power of the air" over this creation, and yet, the church has been given the power to be the aggressor when it comes to being an ambassador of Christ in this world.  I'm concerned for the church of North America because I'm not sure we truly understand what it means to be the conduit of Christ in a fallen world today.  Thus, the reason I ask, shouldn't we be cooking in the devil's kitchen instead of him in ours?

I would appreciate your thoughts on what you believe to be the churches purpose in this world.  Are we to be more engaging?  Are we to retreat and "hunker" down?  What do you believe to be the churches purpose in this world?  Tell me your thoughts and stories.

Pastor Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment